Community Wildfire Protection
Committee: Community Wildfire Protection (CWP)
Purpose: To advise and assist the RECOA Board in the implementation of the Ridge CWP Program, coordinate CWP planning and operations with the RECOA Board, its committees and Ridge Owners.
Type: Standing Committee
Next Meeting: October 19, 2023
Meeting Agendas: November Agenda
- Act within the Committee scope of work described in the adopted CWP Program as may be amended from time to time.
- Maintain written records of all Committee meetings.
- Recommend and manage Board-approved CWP treatment on Ridge common properties. As requested, provide CWP advice and planning support for Ridge neighborhood common areas, single family homes and lots, Oregon Water Utility properties, and golf course property.
- Build relationship with agencies and program partners to improve CWP Program effectiveness.
- Provide effective communications with Ridge owners to foster an understanding of the wildfire risk on the Ridge, how to establish defensible space, and take action to be better prepared in the event of a wildfire.
- Assure that CWP Program activities meet the minimum requirements to achieve FIREWISE Communities / USA recognition status for the Ridge.
Committee Members: Maximum of 15
Mike Mulligan (Interim Chair), Tony Adrian, Mitch Elenich, Rich Gilmore, Georgia Hill, Rick Hill, John Lewis, Greg Ehrlich, Bob Benedict, Jeff Reaume, Ron Klein, and Rick Hurd, Jay Goetzinger.
Board Liaisons: Monty Knittel
Contact: [email protected]
- Sign-up for emergency alerts in Deschutes County
- Wildland Fire Action Guide – Ready, set, GO
- Ridge Emergency Evacuation Map and Notes
- Firewise Community Certificate 2022-2023 (This document may be an important asset for your home insurance agent as many companies are now giving owners in FIREWISE communities a reduction in rates)
- Are You Prepared for Wildfire?
- Creating a Fire-Adapted Home
- Fire-Resistant Plants for Home Landscapes
- Invasive Plants
- Home Ignition Zone and Tree Spacing